Singapore Road Safety Award 2015
(FOR FLEET – OWNING COMPANIES)
1. The Singapore Road Safety Council (SRSC) will be presenting the “Singapore Road Safety Awards 2015” in the second quarter of 2016. This year, there will be 5 categories of awards to be presented, namely:
- Road Safety Award for Companies with Heavy Goods Vehicle Fleet
- Road Safety Award for Companies with Bus Fleet
- Road Safety Award for Companies with Motorcycle Fleet (Food &Beverage Delivery Services and Courier Services)
- Road Safety Award for Safe Driver (Vocational Licence)
- Road Safety Award for Most Improved Driver (Vocational Licence)
2. In 2013, SRSC introduced the Road Safety Award for Companies with Heavy Goods Vehicle Fleet. In 2014, a new category for Road Safety Award for Companies with Bus Fleet was introduced. In 2015, a new category for Road Safety Award for Companies with Motorcycle Fleet would be introduced. In addition, there are also another two awards for Safe Driver and Most Improved Driver for those holding vocational driving licences.
3. The qualification period for all five awards shall be from . The application submission period is from . Participating Companies are requested to download the application form via SRSC website www.srsc.org.sg and
4. The objective for Awards categories (A) (B) and (C) is to recognise Fleet – Owning Companies who promote road safety actively through safety policies in place and providing appropriate training to their drivers and riders.
5. The objective for Awards categories (C) and (D) is to recognise Companies’ vocational licence drivers who maintain a good driving record and display safe driving behavior.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CATEGORIES (A), (B) AND (C)
6. The award is for Heavy Goods Vehicle Fleet Owning Companies with vehicles ULW > 5000 kg; Bus Fleet Owning Companies with Buses 19-seaters and above; and Motorcycle Fleet Owning Companies with Motorcycle fleet for F&B delivery Services and Courier Services. All companies owning 10 or more of these types of vehicles are eligible to participate. The following categories of vehicles are excluded:
|Heavy Goods Vehicle Fleet||Bus Fleet||Motorcycle Fleet|
7. Participating companies will be assessed among others, on the following:
- Management’s Commitment to Road Safety
- Operation and Control Management
- Drivers Training and Awareness
- Traffic Police / Land Transport Authority Violations
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CATEGORIES (C) AND (D)
8. The two award categories are Safe Driver and Most Improved Driver. Vocational driver categories refer to drivers of Heavy Goods Vehicles, Light Goods Vehicles, Buses (bus captains) and Taxis. Companies are invited to submit their nominations of vocational drivers (with at least 3 years of service with the company) who demonstrated commendable efforts on road safety. All companies with these types of vehicle fleets are eligible to submit nominations for one or both awards.
Each Company is allowed to nominate only one person each for the award in categories (C) and (D), if it wishes to do so.
9. Nominated drivers will be assessed among others, on the following:
- Company recommendation with justification
- Commendations received (if any)
- Driving record with the authorities
The decisions of the judges on the results shall be final.
10. For more information on the award details, please contact Mr Wong Thian Loy (Tel: 6547 6596 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit our website at www.srsc.org.sg.
We look forward to your participation in promoting road safety in Singapore.