- We, Singapore Road Safety Council (“SRSC”), are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We treat all personal data provided by you in strict confidence, and will only use your personal data in the manner set out in this Policy. This Policy applies to all personal data that you provide to us and the personal data we hold about you. This Policy describes how we may collect, use, disclose, process and manage your personal data.
- By providing us with your personal data, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure (including transfer) of your personal data in accordance with this Policy. Please DO NOT provide any personal data to us if you do not accept this Policy.
- Information provided by organisations to us for business purposes is not considered as personal data. This Policy does not apply to business contact information.
AMENDMENT TO THIS POLICY
- We may amend this Policy from time to time. The updated Policy will supersede earlier versions and will apply to personal data provided to us previously. The updated Policy will be made available upon request from us and on our website at http://srsc.org.sg. If you do not accept any amendment to the Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer (see paragraph 26 below).
- What is personal data? “Personal data” is data that can be used to identify a natural person. Examples of personal data include your name, mailing address, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), email address, photograph, video image, personal data of family members, education background, employment history, references and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any form(s) you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
- Voluntary provision of personal data. Your provision of personal data to us is voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide us with the personal data we require, it may not be possible for us to contact you, or provide products or services which you need from us.
- Providing personal data belonging to others. If you provide the personal data of anyone other than yourself, you warrant that you have informed him/her of the purposes for which we are collecting his/her personal data and that he/she has consented to your disclosure of his/her personal data to us for those purposes.
- Accuracy and completeness of personal data. You must ensure that all personal data that you provide is true, accurate and complete.
- Web browsing. Various technologies may be used on our website at http://srsc.org.sg in order to make them more user-friendly, effective and secure. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on our behalf. This data does not generally, but may, contain a user’s personal data.
- Links to other websites. Our websites may contain links to other websites which are not owned or maintained by us. These links are provided only for your convenience. This Policy only applies to our website. When visiting these third party websites, you should read their privacy policies.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Generally, we may collect your personal data when:
- 11.1 you submit an application form or registration form in order to register for any of our campaigns, initiatives or events;
- 11.2 you attend our events;
- 11.3 you respond to our campaigns, initiatives or to any request for additional personal data;
- 11.4 you make donations to us;
- 11.5 you volunteer your services to us;
- 11.6 you participate in competitions or contests or games hosted by us on our website or otherwise;
- 11.7 you visit our website at http://srsc.org.sg;
- 11.8 you submit an enquiry or email through our website;
- 11.9 you submit an application for or you were nominated for an award organised by us;
- 11.10 you interact with our employees or volunteers, for example, through social media platforms, face-to-face meetings, telephone calls, emails, fax and letters;
- 11.11 your images are captured via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises;
- 11.12 your images are captured via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events organised by us;
- 11.13 you submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information including your resume/CVs in connection with any appointment as a council member, committee member or any other position;
- 11.14 you enter into any agreement with us or provide any other documentation or information to us;
- 11.15 you request that we contact you or request that you be included in an email or other mailing list; and/or
- 11.16 you submit your personal data to us for any other reason.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- General purposes. Generally, we collect, use or disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- 12.1 to manage your relationship with us (including but not limited to the sending of thank you letters and annual reports, etc);
- 12.2 to assist you with your enquiries, and respond to your feedback, complaints and requests;
- 12.3 to invite you to our events;
- 12.4 to keep you updated on our campaigns, initiatives, programmes and events;
- 12.5 processing tax deductions for eligible donations by you;
- 12.6 processing your job application and assessing your suitability for the position applied for;
- 12.7 reviewing your nomination for an award organised by us;
- 12.8 assessing your performance in any competition or contest organised by us;
- 12.9 managing the safety and security of our premises and events premises (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance and conducting security clearances);
- 12.10 to analyse or assess the behaviour of visitors to our website located at http://srsc.org.sg; and
- 12.11 any other reasonable purposes related to the aforesaid.
- Business purposes. We may also use your personal data for purposes connected or relevant to our business, such as:
- 13.1 complying with our legal obligations and requirements;
- 13.2 enforcing obligations owed to us;
- 13.3 accounting, risk management and record keeping;
- 13.4 carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis;
- 13.5 staff training; and
- 13.6 any other reasonable purposes related to the aforesaid.
- Additional purposes. If you have consented, we may use your personal data, from time to time, for additional purposes such as:
- 14.1 to request for your support for events organised by us;
- 14.2 to solicit donations from you;
- 14.3 to invite you to be a volunteer;
- 14.4 to inform you of the latest activities, special offers and promotions offered by our strategic business partners and associates; and
- 14.5 to use your photographs on our website and in publicity materials for campaigns, initiatives, programmes and events.
- Contacting you. When using your personal data to contact you for the above purposes, we may contact you via regular mail, fax, e-mail, SMS, telephone or any other means.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
- Consent for disclosure to the Singapore Traffic Police. As we work closely with the Singapore Traffic Police, you agree that we may disclose your personal data to them from time to time for activities and events jointly organised by us.
- Consent for disclosure to others. If you have consented to our disclosure of your personal data to our related entities, strategic business partners and associates, we may disclose your personal data to them. They will use your personal data only for the purposes you have consented to.
- Disclosure to service providers. You agree that we may disclose or share your personal data with third parties who provide necessary services to us, such as:
- 19.1 service providers and data processors working on our behalf and providing services to us such as organising our events, accounting, hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail message services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, marketing etc.
- 19.2 our consultants and professional advisors (such as accountants, lawyers, auditors).
- Other permitted disclosure. We may also disclose your personal data as required or permitted by law. We may disclose your personal data to regulatory authorities, statutory bodies or public agencies for the purposes of complying with their respective requirements, policies and directives.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal data.
- While reasonable precautions will be taken to ensure that the information you provide is protected against unauthorised or unintended access, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will keep your personal data only for so long as we need the personal data for our business and legal purposes.
- Contact Data Protection Officer. If you wish to withdraw any consent you have given us at any time, or if you wish to correct or have access to your personal data held by us, or if you do not accept any amendment to this Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Name : Constance Lei
Telephone : 6547 6597
Email : email@example.com
- Fee for access. We may charge you a fee for responding to your request for access to your personal data held by us, or for information about the ways in which we have (or may have) used your personal data in the one-year period preceding your request. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and respond to your request after payment is received. We will endeavour to respond to your request within thirty (30) days, and if that is not possible, we will inform you of the time by which we will respond to you.
- Effect of withdrawal of consent. In many circumstances, we need to use your personal data in order for us to provide you with products or services which you require. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require.
- This Policy is governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.